pearCalc - what's new?
- Universal Binary.
- New icon.
- Bugfix: Missing opening or closing braces in the expression should no longer lock up pearCalc.
- Optimised the scanning process for applications (now done in background immediatly after startup). As an effect response-time of pearCalc after unidentifiable entries should be much better.
Earlier Versions of pearCalc:
- Completely new mathematical evaluation engine with a lot more functions.
- pearCalc now stays active after application launch if it is not set to auto hiding.
- pearCalc now provides Apple Help compatible online help.
- Application launching can now be disabled. This can speed up response time if an invalid expression is entered.
- Pressing the global hot key while pearCalc is visible but in background now sets the focus to pearCalc instead of hiding it.
- Added keyboard shortcut for preferences.
- Further enhanced MacOS X 10.2 (Jaguar) compatibility.
- Commands 'quit' and 'help' now also work in german version.
- If an application or URL is launched via shortcut, the shortcut is added to the auto completion list instead of the full name.
- Added compatibility for MacOS X 10.2 (Jaguar)
- The auto completion-list is completely editable and manageable inside the preferences-panel.
- Shortcuts can now be reordered via drag&drop
- pearCalc can now be used as text replacement-tool inside every text editor that supports services.
- pearCalc can launch URLs and generate a new email-message in your favorite email-app.
- Limited the precision to max. of 10 digits after the decimal-separator.
- Added auto hide-feature: you can set pearCalc to hide automatically after it launched an app or URL.
- Since this version pearCalc features a global hot key to hide and activate it from within any application.
- Finally pearCalc features a new icon.
- Fixed a bug introduced in Version 0.4. Numbers with more than 10 digits led to a wrong result. (Thanks to Vinay Gupta for the bug-report!).
- New auto-completion feature for application names.
- Also added a german-language localization
- Quick store- and recall feature (without the need to select text first).
- The preferences-panel and the about-box are now implemented as sheets.
- Entering a question-mark now brings up the online-help.
- The preferences-panel can now also be brought up via text-command ('prefs' or 'preferences').
- Optimized the text parsing algorithm to minimize accumulative rounding-errors.
- Last but not least you can now set the transparency-level of the pearCalc-window!
- Added shortcut abilities as well as definable precision and decimal-separator-format.
- A formula within a text editor can be spread among multiple lines (service-function).
- Added application-launch capabilities, added help-function, changed icon