pearLabelizer - what's new?
pearLabelizer is a completely new implementation of my classic Mac application pearAddress. It is still a work in progress but it's getting better and better (hmm, at least I hope so).
- Fixes some issues with Catalinas dark mode.
- Fixes Catalina and Mojave Compatibility, Apple Notarized now.
- pearLabelizer is now Universal Binary (support for PPC and Intel Macs).
- Added AddressBook field 'Nickname'.
- Address Book Printing now also accepts Smart Groups (however, Smart Groups don't support distribution lists in Tiger's Address Book).
- Added newline and space stripping: if a line ends up empty because there is no value for the specified keyword, the line is removed automatically. If multiple keywords are on a single line, the first space after an empty keyword is also removed.
- Invisible newline characters at the end of entries are now ignored.
- Added additional AddressBook fields like Prefix, Suffix, Notes, Relation Names, Chat, and more...
- Printing addresses from AddressBook groups now automatically selects the address according to the settings of AddressBooks distribution lists.
- Fixed issues with Tiger
- Updated online-help with added FAQs
- Added drag & drop support for moving around individual labels.
- Added support for deleting individual labels via drag & drop onto the docks trash icon.
- Added vCard drag & drop support (i.e. pearLabelizer now accepts vCards directly from the Finder).
- Fixed a nasty bug that prevented some addresses and groups of AddressBook from being printed.
- Added support for saving and opening label sets
- Added an option to automatically save current label set on exit (and then load on startup)
- Added an option to keep labels selected, if individual text is provided for them.
- AddressBook contacts are now printed alphabetically sorted per group.
- AddressBook groups now appear alphabetically sorted in the selection list.
- Main window can now be constrained to the label sheet aspect ratio.
- Texts defined on a per label basis now also print in AddressBook printing mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused wrong interpretation of label meassurements under some conditions.
- Fixed a bug that caused spaces after commas in AddressBook entries to disappear.
- Fixed a bug that caused the setting "Use selection for first sheet only" in AddressBook printing to be ignored.
- Fixed a bug that dropped already made changes of label sheet parameters when switching the meassurement unit.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Print menu item from getting enabled if no global text was entered (thanks to Aleksandr Antsiferov)
- Added keyboard shortcut for preferences.
- Added support for import/export of label definitions.
- Support of multiple Address Book templates (like label definitions).
- Added Address Book support for phone numbers, email- and birthday-fields.
- Now the Print... menu item is only enabled if any labels are selected.
- Automatic selection of the whole keyword when clicking on it inside the Address Book template field (therefore easier formatting).
- Added Address Book Printing function for printing address labels of all members of Address Book groups.
- Major usability enhancements concerning labelsheet definition handling.
- Added MacOS X Service capability.
- New icon.
- First official release
- Currently missing features known from pearAddress:
- no support for series printing (supported since V0.2)
- only available in English at this time (opposed to the german-only version of pearAddress)